He studied Medicine at the University of Athens. He specialized in Surgery and Vascular Surgery at the University of Athens under Professor G. Skalkeas.
He specializes in surgical oncology and transplants at his Academic Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and in Surgical Anatomy and technique at EMORY University in Atlanta, USA.
He took elected important positions not only in Greece but also internationally at institutions such as NATO, OSCE, UN, KESY, UNIVERSITY, PIS, EOKAN etc.
He is one of the leading authors in surgical anatomy worldwide.
- Full Professor and Chairman of Descriptive Anatomy and Surgical Anatomy of the Medical School, University of Athens.
- Clinical Professor of Surgical Anatomy and Technique at EMORY University, USA.
- Lecturer of Surgery at the Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam.
- Director of Surgery at General Hospital the Asklepieio of Voula.
- Associate Professor of Surgery at the 2nd Department of Surgery, LAIKO General Hospital, University of Athens Medical School.
- Director Surgeon of Metropolitan Hospital, Athens.
- Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Chairman of the Central Committee Heal of National System KESY.
- Vice President of the North Atlantic Parliamentary Assembly NATO Internationally.
- Chairman of the OSCE Transparency International Committee.
- President for the planning of the National Health Council of PIS.
- Director of the Morphofunctional Department of Medicine, Athens.
- Persistent of the hospital for Venereal and Skin Disease Andreas Sygros Hospital for Cutaneous and Venereal Diseases.
- President of the Association of Medical Professors of the Medical School, University of Athens (EKIPA).
- Secretary of Ecumenical Hellenism of the New Democracy Political Party.
- President of ESCAN.
- Member of the Greek Parliament (7 times).
- Vice President of the Special Standing Committee on Hellenes Abroad. Member of the Standing Committee on National. Defense and Foreign Affairs.
- Member of the Standing Committee on Social Affairs.
- Leader of the Greek Inter-Party Committee at the UN on national issues.
- Secretary of the Presidium of the Parliament.
- During the period 1982-1996: Councilor for Kallithea City.
- President of the OKE of Foreign Affairs and Vice President of OKE Health and Welfare.
- Chairman of the Greek Delegation to the OSCE Parliamentary Committee.
- Secretary of Ecumenical Hellenism.
He is the author and editor of 54 medical books, many of which have been translated into over 25 languages and are taught at most Universities in Europe, Asia and North-East America.
Author of 122 articles in international journals.
Honored both in Greece and abroad with 138 distinctions by Heads of State, Parliaments, Academies and Universities for his contribution to the medical field, especially for surgical anatomy and technique, for his fight against drugs, for his contribution to Foreign Policy and Religious Diplomacy, as well as for his work on Hellenes Abroad.